Codes and Specifications
Laminate Works Fire Rated Laminated Elevator Panels
- .028 HPL Vertical Grade (Wilsonart, Pionite, Formica, Nevamar) 1 Side
- .028 HPL Backer 1 side
- Fire-Rated Duraflake Industrial Particleboard Core
- 2 Part Borden Wonder Bond Fire-Rated adhesive bond
The above components make up a panel that conforms to the ASTM E 84 Class A Rating of:
- Flame Spread rating of 0 to 25.
- Smoke Development of 0 to 100
This rating is necessary to conform to the requirements outlined in the ASME A18.104.22.168 for Passenger Car Enclosures in jurisdictions enforcing the NBCC materials in their end use configuration where the elevator is designed as a firefighters’ elevator.
United States E-84 Requirements:
Class A: 0-25 flame spread and 0-450 smoke development
Class B: 26-75 flame spread and 0-450 smoke development
In jurisdiction enforcing the National Building Code of Canada materials in their end use configuration where the elevator is designed as a firefighters’ elevator shall have:
- A flame spread of 0 to 25 with smoke development of 0 to 100 based on the test conducted in accordance with the requirements of CAN/ULC-S102.2; and
- A flame spread rating for floor surfaces of 0 to 300, based on the test conducted in accordance with the requirements of CAN/ULC-S102.2.
Copyright permission granted by ASME